Sunday 24 March 2013

New date for the Beautiful Blogger Blanket 2013 draw

Phew this post has been a long time coming... I'm sorry for the delay... you must have all thought I had taken your squares and run off with them!  

I will be drawing the name of the winner of the GORGEOUS 
Beautiful Blogger Blanket 2013 on Sunday 31st March 
- Easter Sunday to some.  

During this next week I will be tantalising you by 
posting photos of the blanket finished.....

Meanwhile I thought I should show you the squares which 
I made for the blanket... 4 medium squares and lots of little ones:

The first 3 are all by the amazing Edie Eckman...


The first is from Edie Eckman's book, 
'Beyond the Square - Crochet Motifs',
p149, #106


The second square is from Edie Eckman's new book; 
' Connect The Shapes - Crochet Motifs' - p141, #55


The third square is also from Edie Eckman's, 
'Beyond the Square - Crochet Motifs',
P157, #113


Finally a medium good old granny square and lots 
of little ones to fill in some awkward gaps...

They are all now edged in cream as I did last year, 
and sewn together to form a wonderful blanket... 

As I say... lots of photos coming this week! 

Jill 



8 comments:

  1. Your squares are beautiful Jill, hope your Dad's ok! looking forward to seeing the blanket and of course the draw next Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning squares Jill, I love the teal and orange (?) together with that last pic. I like the dinky squares, wouldn't they look fab in a huge blanket made up of those? Fancy it?

    I hope all is well with you, I'm looking forward to seeing the whole blanket during the week, seeing all those lovely squares put together.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward! Nice squares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh good, you're back. Hope you're ok Jill.
    Sending love
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jill!...I've just been having a good look at all the beautiful crochet squares in your recent posts...they are gorgeous!...Very inspiring...what a beautiful and very special blanket they will make together!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Jill you made some beautiful squares in such lovely colours too.
    Im glad I popped by and saw this post. I was beginning to worry a little. I hope that you and your family are doing ok.
    Lots of Love to you.
    Shelley x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back safe and sound! I love your. Blocks the colors are amazing!!!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear from you Jill! Like your squares, especially the top one.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Time is precious but if you have a minute I would love to hear your comments x